Cisco® Business Edition 6000 (BE6000) is designed for organizations with up to 1000 employees. The packaged collaboration solution offers premium voice, video, mobility, messaging, instant messaging and presence, contact center, and more, including web conferencing as a service offer. The solution provides core communication capabilities that midsize businesses need for improved collaboration for employees, customers, and business partners.
Enabled by virtualization technology, BE6000 consolidates multiple collaboration applications in a highly available solution that enables midsize businesses to reduce their total cost of ownership (TCO) and increase their return on investment (ROI) through its flexible and scalable architecture that grows with business needs.
Features and Benefits
Cisco BE6000 delivers full-featured, enterprise-grade communications and collaboration services that successful midsize businesses rely on today. Built on Cisco’s world-leading unified communications architecture, the BE6000 solution boasts a variety of highly available applications that allow you to build a solution to meet your specific collaboration needs.
The following applications are typically used together to deliver the core unified communications features of the BE6000:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager is the call-processing engine, extending voice and video features to network devices such as IP phones, telepresence endpoints, media-processing devices, gateways, and multimedia applications.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence Service provides native standards-based, enterprise instant messaging (IM) and network-based presence as part of Cisco Unified Communications.
- Cisco Unity® Connection integrates voice-messaging and voice-recognition functions to provide continuous global access to calls and messages.
- Cisco Prime™ Collaboration Provisioning provides automated processes for initial deployments and for moves, adds, changes, and deletions (MACDs).
- Cisco Licensing (including Cisco Prime Licensing Manager) makes usage and reporting simple.
Additional Collaboration Options
To complement the foundation applications listed previously, the following collaboration applications and services can also be deployed with the BE6000:
- Cisco TelePresence Server helps make video pervasive for all users from the browser to the boardroom, with multiparty high-definition (HD) videoconferencing capabilities supported as a co-resident application.
- Cisco TelePresence® Conductor simplifies and enhances conference resource management, making conferences easy to join and administer.
- Cisco TelePresence Management Suite offers flexible scheduling capabilities for video meetings, including the ability to integrate with Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Office 365.
- Cisco Expressway is an advanced collaboration gateway that helps make collaboration as simple, secure, and effective outside the organization as it is inside.
- Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server (VCS) is available for existing Cisco VCS customers and for organizations that need third-party standards-based video endpoint interoperability (H.323 and Session Initiation Protocol [SIP]).
- Cisco WebEx® Meetings accelerates business results by making your web meetings more productive.
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Express supports up to 100 call center agents with agent-based service as well as fully integrated self-service applications by providing sophisticated and distributed automatic-call-distributor (ACD), interactive-voice-response (IVR), computer-telephony-integration (CTI), and agent and desktop services on a single server.
- Cisco Unified Attendant Consoles provide the human attendant console operator with the tools to quickly accept and effectively dispatch incoming calls to individuals across the organization.
- Cisco Emergency Responder helps assure that Cisco Unified Communications Manager sends emergency calls to the appropriate Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) for the caller’s location, and that the PSAP can identify the caller’s location and return the call if necessary.
- Cisco Paging Server provides paging capabilities for all users.